Apple release the new Firmware OS 3.0.1 for the iPhone that takes care of an SMS vulnerability. It’s a fairly important patch, and usually when Apple updates the iPhone OS, jailbreakers have to wait until the Dev Team comes out with a new version of jailbreaking software before they can update. But It has been confirmed by iPhone Dev team that Redsn0w will works on iPhone OS 3.0.1 and iPhone 3GS. So now you can Jailbreak your Phone with redsn0w.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3.0.1
1. After updating to iPhone 3.0.1 download and install iPhone 3.0 firmware.
Download iPhone firmware 3.0 (filename: iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)
Download iPhone 3G firmware 3.0 (filename: iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)
Download iPhone 3GS firmware 3.0 (filename: iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw )
- redsn0w 0.8 Windows Download (Direct Download)
- redsn0w 0.8 Mac Download (Direct Download)
- redsn0w0.8 Linux Download (Direct Download)
3. Follow the isntstustion on the Screen, When you select the firmware, choose the 3.0 firmware instead of the 3.0.1 firmware. This is safe and it works!
Update: If your iPhone 3GS is stuck on “Waiting for reboot” unplug your USB cable and plug it back in.